Friday, May 24, 2013

My weight loss journey

Growing up I was always so skinny.  Everyone was always telling that I needed to put some meat on my bones.  Well, I sure did, about ten years ago.  I started with some fertility drugs and they made me gain some weight. Then about 12 years ago I decided to quit smoking....along with that came about 15 more lbs.  Then I got sick and had to take some steroids and well you all know how that is...I blew up.  I have been struggling with excess weigh for about 12 years.  Give or take a few years because I always thought I was overweight.  Now I would love to be that weight again.

Recently, I started trying to lose again!!!  Well, for the millionth time.  Anybody out there know what I am talking about?  I am losing the same 10 lbs right now that I have lost so many times.  So, I thought that if I logged my journey then maybe it would help me. Kim and Tara helped me with my blog and crafting.  I would never have started working on my craft room if it wasn't for Tara over at Craftin Desert Diva's. She encouraged, motivated and kept me going.  I felt like I did not want to let her down; so, I worked really hard to clean on my craft room so it would be presentable on her blog.  She is so great..she never judged me; only offered advice and gave me encouraging words.  My friend Kim is also a big help with my journey. She is always so upbeat for me and is just as excited for me as I am. So, I am hopeful that if I put myself out there that you guys will encourage me and I will be able to lose the weight that I need to.  I want to be healthy so that I can raise my children and play with my grand children.

My children also are such an encouragement.  I lost some weight before with Zija, when my daughter Aimee was a consultant.  But I gained that back....it did work though.  Then my daughter Jennifer bought me some Ace and I tried it.  I can't take it everyday but it is very helpful.  Right now I am taking that occasionally and then I drink energy drinks.  I am also walking.  I would like to say that I walk daily, but not yet.  My husband is so awesome; he has fixed me a place outside to walk on our farm so that I don't get bored.  I want to share my journey with you and maybe some pictures.    So far, I have lost 8 lbs....I think... so that is what I am going to go with.  I walked 48 mins today and I am really trying to watch how much I intake (food wise).  My problem is the night time.  I get up in the night and have sweets before I even know it.

Today I thought that I would share a few pictures of some of the walking space that I have.  NO EXCUSES!!!  My husband has mowed me a great walking path.  I will share more about that later.

Would love to have you sign up to follow me along my journey....


Follow on Bloglovin

Just click on the link....

Here is some pictures...Sorry my post is so wordy.

This picture was taken on Sunday...  I weighed 196.  This is me, my son, and my husband.

I so hope that I will have an after picture in about 30 days...

Pictures of  the farm where I am walking...
view from the porch...

view of another field...


view of another side of the farm from the porch..




No comments:

Post a Comment